The process of judging you starts even before you say any word at the time of interview. As soon as you shake hands with the interviewer, the course of opinion buildup starts. Recruiter starts judging you by your posture, appearance, nervous look and smile while you sit for your turn at the time of interview.
You need to make sure that the interview process remains interactive and there should be enough enthusiasm in you to show that you are really excited about getting this job. To sum up you will have to breathe life into the whole process.
Importance of Non-verbal Messages
Let us now look at some of the non verbal messages you send across at the time of interview and how to improve them.
- Handshake: You should not present a limp and damp hand to your interviewer. Handshake needs to be firm and you need to make sure your hand is dry as well as warm.
- Posture: You need to sit as well as stand erect. If you have a slouching posture, it will look as if you are uncaring and tired.
- Eye Contact: It is important to look at the interviewer, do not stare constantly, but make sure there is frequent eye contact. Do not look around the room all the time, it will clearly show that you lack confidence or are very nervous.
- Hands: Gesturing while talking is a natural act but make sure it remains within moderate levels. A lot of hand gesture can lead to distraction at the time interview. Additionally, do not touch your mouth at the time of talking.
- Do not Fidget: It can really send across wrong impression if you keep on playing with your hair, tap feet, keep clicking pen tops or touch different body parts without knowing about it.
Looking more advice on how to confidently appear at the time of interview? Join Jobsdhamaka and explore the vast resource available for job searchers. The registration process is free and you can start exploring the various informative articles present on the site to correctly prepare for the interviews.